Monday, October 08, 2007
"Korea korea"
I'm finally back..sadly.
Though korea wasn't as fantastic as i thought it was. But some how, my mind is still some where left behind drifting in some part of seoul.
My major break through from the trip were:
- going hot spring naked..yes NAKED.
- seeing so many naked woman in my whole entire living life. Firm ones, saggy ones, fat ones, lean ones. I've seen it all..okay sounds a little wrong.
- a total culture shock, why?
There isn't any changing rooms nor mirrors in the shopping areas and malls. What do they have? A sarong like piece of clothe(to aid in changing) and plenty of gorgeous looking clothings.
And so, i visted many korean drama sites. Starway to heaven, winter sonata and blah blah. I think i'm gonna rewatch the whole bloody dramas again because of this.
The food in the restaurants were no where comparable to the food from the road side stalls. I basically went for a diet program. With every meals filled with rice,cabbage, pork and more rice,cabbage, pork. And i so happen to detest the taste of pork**hallah**.
I enjoyed people watching. Looking at every korean that passes me, and i thought i saw many annie look-a-likes. The guys are hot. Not in terms of looks but instead, height and body built(definitely a bonus). Their average height were probably a good 1.8m, engulfing the streets with that kinda height. On the other hand, the girls have outrageously long and slender legs. I'm so gonna make my children eat kimchi and rice everyday in future.
Fashion trend Wanna look like a korean?
-over size sweaters/jackets *unisex*
-open toes and heels leggings
-all sorts of bangs..nice ones, ugly ones, cut them all *unisex*
-geeky & goofy looking specs *unisex*
-angle boots/high heels **a must have!!** (wear it to amusement parks, parks, shoppings, climbing some hills..power legs)
-pencil skirts
-bags
-loosely tied pony tails
-couples wear..shirts/jeans. 9 out of 10 couples wear them..totally amazed.
Yes, the unisex above refers to both male and female doing it.
Stuffs are not cheap either, ranging from 30-50 plus. Basically i had a good buy in bags, shoes and masks coz these are the stuffs which doesn't require changing rooms and are basically more affordable than clothes.


Angle boots..totally chick. Got myself a pair just that its flat instead of heels.
Online are selling it for 60 plus when the cost price is 40 plus.
Kinda regretted buying flat ones coz its a little ah pek-ish. Though the heels are much more chick but seriously, who will wear these to school, shopping, amusement parks like the koreans? My feet will probably start bleeding within less than 1/2 hr.
Finally, to the hot spring part. The entrance of the locker room was already a non-stop of WOW-ings. I quickly headed for a quick rinse in my tankini at the shower area and next to me were many bare bodies. I stared and stoned for a while before realising they were staring back as well. I decided it was wiser to act indifferently as if it was no big deal and it did work. Okay, the stripping part and explicit details i will better leave it to myself and those closer ones to know.
Theres so much more but well, i will stop here for now.